It's a lovely Sunday night and I'm sleeping by 1am tonight, hopefully early enough to wake up at 8am for my underpaid teaching work and not feel like killing someone.
Lana Del Rey on replay mmmhhmmmm.
Deric spent an entire day w me yesterday too so the weekend was really lovely. I taught form 2 kids in the morning, we went to pavilion after lunch, shopped, watched a movie (inside out was AMAZING) and came back for dinner w my family. Then we had ice cream for dessert and did face masks before he went home.
at our fav ice cream shop featuring the keychain Deric got me from Bangkok and a mini glimpse of my new car key!! ah yes I've gotten my new car already hehhehehehe.
Okay continuing the photo spams first:
______________________________________
JUNE 2015
1. Signed up for community service summer class so I wouldn't have to take the subject during my course semester! Thanks unmc!
lecturer be deep af
I signed up in a class full of year 2 students so it was very hard to blend in. Thankfully there was this group as lost as me and desperate enough to take me into their group.
I hated them first impression wise, but turns out they're the best groupmates! They're all so engaging and most importantly funny and open to ideas.
We ended up picking an orphanage in PJ to work on, contrary to what everyone works with - which are shelters near the uni or Zoo Negara. My groupmates really wanted to work with underprivileged children so we got to pick a more adventurous location!!
That requires me to drive to uni at 7am in the morning and only come home at 8pm fml a bit regret la.
We brought the children out for an entire day and spent the remaining 3 days helping them to move house and just playing/talking to them. It's been really eye opening to engage with these children which puts me in a different perspective. This community service period reminds me to count my blessings constantly and of course I'm beyond grateful for being given the chance to brighten up their 4 days.
When we left, the children were rushing off for dinner somewhere sponsored by some rich uncle so they weren't very emotional. Their caretaker however, said "why aren't you kids crying. I'm gonna cry now because I'm gonna lose some great help". Okay I really liked the fact that we came at the right time so we wouldn't have to think of activities to do.
2. Which in relation, I met some incredible people! Went out dinner and movie w them and chilled at their house after our service. This is the first group of people I've met that plays intelligent card games when chilling instead of pokers or rubbish talk.
We played Resistance and some amazing spy board game named Entrapolis or smth wtf. And they're all really into the games, using their brain power to think of strategies etc.
Bottom line, it's a group of cool nerds!!
Here's me grasping on my friends hand in the cinema. Didn't even realize til we came out after the movie for half an hour, and she told me "hey jiun did you realize you were holding me like this" LOL.
quarter of the group! I quite miss them after working together. TT
3. Took derics bro and my sis out for a short lunch in bangsar before his bro puts on braces. Future in law points earned wtf.
Brought them to my fav restaurant Nutmeg!! Food spam:
4. Makeup haul of the month!
Dior foundation (the best I've used!!), sephora eyebrow pencil and Stila liquid eyeliner (been using this for 3 years!!)
5. BR1M vouchers spent!
I've read "we are our brains" some months ago in a bookshop for 2 hours but decided not to buy it cos I was low on cash. THANK GOODNESS ITS STILL AVAILABLE. It's not as boring as the title speaks and his writing is phenomenally funny and insightful.
And the brain book is graphically amazing!! The book speaks half of my neuroscience module so I understand everything being explained. I'm so thankful to the government wtf cos that book costs rm170.
6. Learning classics on piano bc my teacher likes Chopin fml
7. Deric also bought some books!! Happy to see him read!
the purpose of this photo was cos I bought a new reading lamp and this proves it's super useful!!
8. My results are out!! Second semester better bc remember I said I went all out?! Sigh gonna have to work so much harder next sem.
9. Annnnndddd due to working a whole week for comm serve, then socializing here and there afterwards, I finally fell ill FML fever for an entire week til I had to take blood test to test for dengue.
For 3 nights I hit 40 degree Celsius and body burned up so bad I appeared red wtf.
Here's me semi crying cos I was touched that my sis took care of me cos I was fucking vulnerable and wanted to die.
I lose 2kg from all these and lose my boobs fml.
_________________________________________
AND THAT CONCLUDES JUNE.
Good night! xx


















