3 days ago while waiting for Deric to get home from his uni so I could bring him to my uni with me, I waited in my car for 45 mins and managed to finish reading The Fault in Our Stars.
I cried.
I cried and shouted so loud.
This post is dedicated to the book's author and his amazing talent to create such an extraordinary fiction. My heart goes out to all dying patients who are madly in love with their other half.
Here's my personal favourite paragraph from the book, describing how bad someone would want their other half (who is terminally diseased) to live longer:
“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”
Holy fuck can you feel it. Can you feel my goosebumps rubbing against you. Can you feel my tears.
__________________________________________________A little update on my life:
1. I reached level 110 on Candy Crush!!
2. I "celebrated" Valentines with deric. I was never planning to head out in the first place 'cos I knew how bad the traffic would be but nonetheless WE WENT OUT TO PAV ANYWAY. (biggest mistake ever)
But deric dear surprised me with a bouquet of flowers! I was completely blown away 'cos 1) I hate owning flowers 2) That's why they're fake 3) Now where the fuck should I place them 4) What a completely waste of money I could've gotten something more useful T_____T
Long story short, I hate gifts that are expensive and useless. I don't understand why girls make it such a big deal to receive a big ass bouquet of real roses, take a photo and post ionline, be the talk of your friends, but in the end your rose dies after 2 days........... Bye bye RM300....... Just like that.
Nevertheless I found a place to put the fake flowers and yes it does look gorgeous so thank you deric dear.
3. The new semester has been complete bullshit.
4. Remember the hardest assignment of last semester? Where I have to pour out a research paper of 2000 words that wants me to criticise psychological behavioural theories? -____________-
I SCORED 46 OVER 50.
THAT'S FUCKING GODLIKE LEVEL IN UNMC.
I WAS THE HIGHEST SCORER FOR THIS ESSAY CAN YOU MAFAKING BELIEVE IT.
I read back my work and tbh I still can't believe I am capable of producing such work........
It's too damn high..... And I wasn't taught at all......
Thank you lord for giving me such great emotional strength and brain juice at that time. I doubt I could ever do it again!
5. First lab session of this new semester... Let's just say I am so lost (yet feeling so high, prolly due to the chemicals)
Hey the chemicals are pretty legit okay, my friend fainted (yes drop down fainted pass out bam bam) and half my class felt dizzy. So I'm gonna assume it's the chemicals around us.
We were to investigate plant's reproductive system! I have never bother learning much about plants in depth so that explains why I'm lost half of the time.
I volunteer for all the easy jobs eg: half the lab report and taking microscope pictures!
Here are some:
COOL AYE?!
6. Fell sick and discovered Panadol Soluble that surprisingly made me feel a lot better the next day yay!
I think that's about it.
Nights everyone!
xx.








